Monday, May 26, 2008

The tiny seed

Something is forming... a tiny little sprout. A small seed, almost unseen with a speck, just a speck of green.
It seems lifeless and barren when looked at from the side, but at the right angle you can see just a small, just a tiny, miniscule speck of something green.
I don't know where it came from, and I don't know how it started to grow.

I thought I had been alone here, in the dark formless earthiness of my world. I hadn't known I was sharing this space with a seed, though it had been small and lifeless for so long.
What has caused it to burst into song, I don't know and for I moment I hold my breath. I don't want to rejoice, lest the movement of the air will cause a stir and this little speck of green will curl up and disappear like an illusion. I am afraid to imagine that this could be a sign that maybe, just maybe, this could be the beginning of a space filled with life and movement, blossoms and greenery. I am much too scared to preempt that kind of result from my tiny little bud of green.

So I watch with disbelief, kneeling in the earth of my formless space and holding my breath with tears in my eyes at this sign, this tiny miniscule sign that there may be life... there just might be hope... there could be something more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...we need to talk hey? I never did send you my new number the other day, sorry about that. I will, and then can you please text me with your number again? I lost my old phone with all the numbers! Love you sis.